Friday, February 28, 2014

Chalkboards.....remember those?

Chalkboards are quickly becoming a thing of the past.  In fact, I found the chalkboard paint pretty easily at the craft store and at Lowe's.  But I'm having a heck of a time finding chalk!

After Scott gave me a couple of cool cigar boxes, I searched Pinterest for some ideas.


 Today I decorated them for the grandsons and added chalkboard paint to the back, like the one above.

Asher's chalkboard

then I got one of these cheap plastic frames

and painted the front...........on a very windy day

The frame will be used as one of those "welcome" signs for my kitchen table when company comes.  I will add some buttons or bows to decorate the corners.  And will continue the search for chalk.

found some at a Michael's in San Antone

No comments:

Post a Comment