Tuesday, January 24, 2012

52 Reasons I Love You




Since we LOVE playing cards, this idea for Valentine's Day on Pinterest.com caught my attention.  So we did them for Andrew and Asher.



I found used red decks at thrift stores for about 25 cents each. David printed each "reason".  Since the boys are coloring ages, I used crayon around the edges instead of markers or something more sophisticated.  I used a glue stick to glue them on the cards, but decided they each needed a coat of Mod Podge to help them stay.  Punched holes w'hole puncher and "bound" them with book rings.




The fun part was sitting down and thinking up 52 things we love about them.  You'd think that'd be hard.  But since they are the most awesome grandkids in the world, I hated to stop at 52!  Maybe I should've used the decks we use to play Pennies from Heaven - SIX decks. haha.

2-9-12:  We skyped with the boys tonite.  They rec'd these this week.  They had their dad read them for them while we watched.  We could tell they really loved hearing these nice things about themselves!  Thx Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment