Sunday, March 26, 2023

Chippy Church






So I found a weird little board at Goodwill for $1.  It looked like half a cutting board, maybe. I tried the "chippy paint" technique and it worked better on this than on anything I've tried it on.  I painted it with black acrylic, and roughly swiped Elmer's glue on the dried paint.  I let it sit an hour or so while I worked on something else. Then when the glue was mostly dry, but still a little sticky, I painted Vintage White acrylic.  I left it overnight and this was the result.  I love it.





I thought a rustic little church painted on it would be fun. The above is my inspiration.




 And here is the almost final result. Couldn't decide whether to add a messy bow or twine or leave it as it.


I opted for some skinny jute I had on hand.  This one will be a leaner. (Sold)

No comments:

Post a Comment