Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Bunny Bums Mini-Leaners




 Kathey gave me some boards from a busted barrel she had.  I saw a fun project for Easter (inspiration below) on Pinterest. I'm no artist, but I thought this looked simple enough for me. So this first one is for me to keep.  The rest will be gifted. I may try to sell one in ACC's silent auction. (2 sold in the auction. The rest were gifted)


My Bunny Bum is leaning on our mantle.




I gave them a base coat of vintage white acrylic and then mixed some of my acrylics to get shades I wanted. Then I used a green paint pen for the grass at the bottom.


The above was my inpiration and you can see they're charging $20! The thing I didn't do was use the twine. I like the look, but I think it would drive me crazy to think of there being a bow on the BACK of the bunny.  Just my quirk.


Pam will got this one.



I free-handed the bunnies with white acrylic.  Not that I had to mention that -- it's pretty obvious.


Then I added the "shadowing", I guess you'd call it, with some light gray and light brown.



After sealing them with polycrylic, they're ready to go.  Kathey chose the peach colored one above.



I just love them.  This may be a new go-to each Easter.



Lisa chose a peach bunny bum and leaned it on her bar.



Alicia chose pretty mint/seafoam kind of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment