Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cantaloop Scarf

A pattern and yarn Jerri gave me
before steam ironing it
after steam ironing
I usually don't block my scarves cuz I kinda like the curled edges.  This is the first one I've made that I wanted to block because I wanted the holes to show along the edges.  I simply used a steam iron.  Can't tell a whole lot of difference in the pix.  But in person, it looks much better.  I may iron it each time I get ready to wear it.


Cantaloop Pattern
By Shelley Brander

Size 15 needles
I am actually quite allergic to cantaloupe, but maybe it is the very lure of the “forbidden fruit” that drew me to this particular color of the luscious, smooshy cotton Sprout yarn. Just one skein and a couple of hours yields this soft, fun scarf
Directions:
Cast on 14 stitches.
Row 1: k1, yo, k2tog, k2tog, yo, k4, yo, k2tog, k2tog, yo, k1. Row 2: k1, purl to last stitch, k1.
Repeat these two rows until you have a couple of yards left, ending with a wrong side row. Bind off loosely using knit stitch.
I steam-blocked this fairly aggressively, using my fingers to open up the lacework. The Sprout responds very well to a steam iron.
Weave in ends

No comments:

Post a Comment