Sunday, February 17, 2013

Boyfriend Scarf


Tried my first guy scarf.  Loved the pattern!  If I do another, I'd probably only cast on 14 stitches instead of 20.  This one goes to a very special young man -- who I hope will critique it for me for future info!





Boyfriend Scarf
free pattern on Ravelry.com



MATERIALS:
Yarn
2 skeins Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick-N-Quick - Charcoal

Needles
US 15 straight needles 


DIRECTIONS:
CO 20 sts

Thermal Stitch Pattern
Row 1: K
Row 2: K
Row 3: K 2, P 2
Row 4: K 2, P 2

Continue in pattern until scarf is 58" or to desired length.  BO and weave in loose ends.






 Later I tried a more narrow version.  I dropped about 6 stitches.  Looks good and manly, but the squares don't pop like they did in the first one.  Don't know if that's a stitch number thing, or a fluke.

Jake is stylin in his new scarf
scarf on the head, hat on the neck -- Midwest thang?
now we're talking
11-21-13:  I tried it a 3rd time and cast on 16 stitches.  Needs to be a multiple of 4 stitches.  Looks great to me and the pattern shows nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment