Friday, February 24, 2023

Upcycled Egg Carton

 


I found a galvanized egg carton at a flea market and thought it'd be perfect for Justin and Brooke since they raise chickens.







I found this bunch of ribbons at Hobby Lobby. Thought I'd make a "messy bow" for it.


I painted it using Vintage White acrylic, distressed it a little with ink, and sealed with polycrylic.


Used my rubber stamps to add the chicken's names on the bow.




They have May, Miss Lady, Chick-fil-A, Nugget, Zippy, Esther, Puff, and Buff.



These chicks serve up a variety of colors. David encouraged me to get wooden eggs and paint them.  I tried to match the colors, but mine are a little brighter on the greens and blues.  And my splattering technique didn't work too well, so I made them all solid.

Looking forward to seeing how they display it. 


Andrew sent me the above pic in March of their actual eggs.  He used the carton to gather them from their chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment