Friday, February 24, 2023

Milk Carton and Bottles

 

David found the coolest vintage milk carton at a flea market.  These are what milkmen used to use when they delivered milk to our homes and left the bottles on the front porch.  We were kids then, but remember it well.



So we went on a hunt for vintage milk bottles at thrift stores and flea markets.



Some were vintage, some were large, some small, some replicas like the ones I found at Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby. And while I was at it, I decorated a random jar into a vase.



I gave them 2 or 3 coats of white acrylic, and modpodged some napkins.  I used the same napkins on each jar, but used a different part or view so they'd all be unique.





I added messy bows, buttons, etc, and sealed them with matte modpodge.


I love my new centerpiece.

David also found a red-handled carton later.  I'm either going to use that one for Christmas, or for Razorback decos.

No comments:

Post a Comment