Saturday, February 25, 2023

Dollar Tree Canvas Christmas Churches

 


This is my inspiration. Amber Strong DIY is one of the crafting videos I like to watch.  She uses a lot of Dollar Tree supplies and makes them look like a million bucks.  She has skill.





I got a DT framed canvas, took the canvas off, turned it around backwards and glued it back as shown above.  So I'll be painting of the back of it, which is now the front. It just gives it a different texture.  (And the video told me to do that.)

I lightly painted lines across it and smudged them to look like old boards. Then I added distress ink. I made the churches out of large craft sticks which I painted and distressed.  Each church is made from 2 sticks cut and glued together.  I used hot glue to stick them to the canvas. The doors are half craft sticks painted brown. I painted the frame with black acrylic and wiped it. Added a messy bow, complete with one of Grandma Mac's buttons. 



I found rub-ons at Dollar Tree and added "gather" to the top.  The wreaths are simply some skinny Christmas twine and a tiny but of Christmas ribbon.  I just tend to use what I already have on hand.



David told me the churches need crosses.  So I made these out of cardboard and painted them brown.  I like the look.  David gives good suggestions sometimes. (SOLD)



A funny side note:  Amber did the chippy paint method on hers -- which I love.  But she and some viewers noticed when she'd finished that there were some faces on her churches.  Most agreed that Elvis, or perhaps Prince, was in this one.  I definitely see it. 


Who do you see in this one?  Seriously, who do you see? Cause I can't remember.  After she had a lot of fun with that, she took her brush and painted over the faces.  I probably would've left them.

No comments:

Post a Comment