Monday, March 28, 2016

Kylebeg Mitts


free on Ravelry by Helen Kurtz. 

 Love, love, love this pattern. She created this pattern when she was staying at a cottage in Dublin.  So she named it after the cottage.  This pattern knits up so nicely and is a great cabling experience.

 And this is my fave thumb gusset of all the mitts I've done!  It finishes really well.  I'll def be making some more of these.









I used the malabrigo and totally love the softness!




I also made some out of Kathy Douthit's homespun yarn.




Such beautiful colors!  Reminds me of Noro except it feels soft on the skin.  Kathy is a Texarkana friend who works at The Yarn Garden. She's retired from Hospice of Texarkana and used to come to LEMS and do Good Grief Clubs with students when I was a counselor there. It's nice to use yarn that has a friend's story to go with it.


I had a little of Kathy's yarn left, so I made another pair and topped them off with some purple acrylic.


No comments:

Post a Comment