Sunday, December 2, 2018

Messy Bun Hats

2018: Found this great pattern on Ravelry. (pattern name is in one of the pix below)

Brooke receiving her messy bun hat

Brooke's probably felt good in that Washington State winter


Crystal modeling hers







I had so much fun making these.  For adults and kids alike.



love this soft Cascade yarn - baby alpaca and merino
these are for the Goff girls
Lacey Goff wore hers on a frigid Texas morning for her run

I knew she would rock those colors


I especially like this yarn for Macie's hat from Flatland Ranch: alpaca and bamboo mix



Laurie and Crystal got one for Christmas this year

Sherry's is a pompom because she  doesn't have a bun


Tommie Foster
 Tommie modeled this one at the 2018 CWF Christmas party. Hugh Dean won it, but she has no bun.



Kathey wanted Razorback (or Christmas) red





Kathey modeling hers at Tamolly's -- evidently it was mustard shirt day

Julie asked me to make some for her girls
one of her daughters shared hers on Facebook






Carol put hers on as soon as she finished cutting my hair



A few more of my peeps will get one of these this Christmas!

Meleah requested that I make one in blue for Amy Kay

she looks beautiful in it!



Macy Knight -- I tried to incorporate some Boise State color



Amy's and Macy's might come in handy in the north country (Idaho)


My Derby, KS yogis! Angela and Shelly own the yoga studio I went to there
Our other Amy looks so pretty in  hers, too!  She got that same red yarn I used for Kathey's, plus one row of the black/white/gray that I used on one of Laura's hats
Amy asked for a few more!

made myself a couple of the closed versions of this -- I decided to remove the pompom from the red one
Marlee Kay got and extra



This has been such a fun project and gift idea!  I'll have a tough time finding diy gift ideas for Christmas 2019 that was this fun and trendy!

No comments:

Post a Comment