Saturday, October 25, 2014

Ladies' Bibs






Edith gave me this bib idea about 4 years ago. A lady makes some wonderful ones for Edith and her friends. 



 The stitches are beautiful and the fabric she chooses is always fun and seasonal.  I finally got around to trying it this fall!! Minus the great stitching.  Found some gorgeous cotton fabric at the Material Girl fabric shop in Wichita.

 I learned a few things along the way.  NEXT TIME, I will sew pockets on before I stitch up the 2 sides.  I will also fold the fabric in half for cutting it out -- made a "half pattern" -- so the sides will match up better.  



I will also have to figure out a way to sew the velcro tabs on without tearing up my sewing machine!  That was cray cray.  I ended up sewing them on by hand and they prob won't last too long. Edith may want to just use this one in the privacy of her own apt! But I'm motivated to try another!  With me, the first time I try a project (whether it's knitting or sewing) it totally comes out looking like one of the states.  I believe this one could be MN!


side one

side 2

No comments:

Post a Comment