Sunday, December 4, 2022

Pressed Flowers

 

Sometimes I just can't get enough of the flowers in our backyard.  Or sometimes from a special place we visit.  Soooooo........



One of my fave memories.  Laura spent a couple of weeks with us in May 2021. She and I spent hour after hour visiting on the patio, sharing our world while the backyard flowers put on a show around us.  So after she left, I made this frame for her with some of her faves.


This one is hanging on our wall.



The guest rooms are home to these frames.  All the above are from 2021.



I put these 2 together in December 2022 with flowers from spring, summer, and fall of 2022. 

They make sweet gifts,  to self or others, and all you need to do is press the flowers while they still have some color.  Use parchment paper or paper towel, a book, and some weight on top of the book.  Press at least 2 or 3 weeks.  Some of these stayed in my closet for months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment