Sunday, December 17, 2017

Twisted Reversible Hat

free pattern by Littletheorem



One of the first things Edith asked me to knit for her when she moved into the nursing home, was a hat.  She stayed chilled and she thought that might help.  She asked for yellow and so I did a mustard yellow, which she loves.

Edith in her new hat and the fingerless mitts I made for her last Christmas

I love this pattern because it looks good inside and out.


Outside

Inside




Laura got one and likes that it fits loosely


And it's spiral.  Very easy knit.


 Decided to make myself one in that same mustard color


a cute pompom came off of one of my throws, so I used it for my hat


That was 2017.  Now I've made a few more for Christmas 2018.

One of the fun things about settling back down in Texarkana is I have access to one of the best yarn shops in the country



which is where I got this wonderful Cascade yarn as well as the hank below

It's made out of merino and baby alpaca.  Super soft and fun to knit with

Laura wanted another that would be warmer for her CO winters

I just love how the top looks

She opted for no pom-pom, but I placed the excess yarn ball to show how one would look

our beautiful Laura Lee


And since she didn't have a pom-pom she could wear it under her helmet when she went snowmobiling


3 more for Lisa, Odestine, and Pam -- the 2 on the outer edges are alpaca from Flatland Ranch in Kansas


Pam wore hers on a hike shortly after Christmas

Pam on the far left


Crystal has "Hair to Jesus"!


Sherry Stone got a "pom-pom" hat for Christmas 2018 because she doesn't have bun. Looks cute on her!



Odestine 's was made with the wonderful Cascade baby alpaca and merino

No comments:

Post a Comment